Bitte oder Registrieren, um Beiträge und Themen zu erstellen.

Starter culture for sausages

Hello, please, if you use starter cultures for sausages / salami? I use Starter Bitec LK30, but I don't know if it is correct .... Advantages / disadvantages? Thank you boys

Hallo, bitte, wenn Sie Starterkulturen für Würstchen/Salami verwenden? Ich benutze Starter Bitec LK30, weiß aber nicht ob es richtig ist.... Vorteile / Nachteile? Danke Jungs

Ahojte prosím vás ake používate štartovacie kultúry na klobásy/salami ? Ja používam Starter Bitec LK30 , ale neviem či je správna....Výhody/nevýhody ? Ďakujem chlapci

Hi Peter i see no problem if you use that

Best regards

Stefan

Rád by som vedel či ine kultúry chutia inak... alebo v čom je rozdiel.... bolo mi povedane že LK30 je na salámi ktoré dlho zreju...ale neviem ako dlho...LK30 ma pomale okysličenie...

I would like to know if other cultures taste differently ... or what is the difference .... I was told that LK30 is on salami that I have been maturing for a long time ... but I don't know how long ... LK30 is slowly oxygenating ...

Ahoy Peter
I will try to explain.
The difference between the different starter cultures is due to the microorganisms used.
For salami and co, i.e. all firm sausages, bacteria that are more acidic are mostly used. The acidification makes the sausage cut-proof.
In the starter cultures for spreadable raw sausage there are only cultures that develop a good flora and thus no longer offer a breeding ground for the other undesirable germs.

Cultures use sugar as food.
And the degree of acidity can be determined by the amount of sugar.
The rate of acidification can be regulated via the type of sugar.
That means: The Bitec LK 30 can contain multiple sugar. This must first be broken down by the bacteria, which means that acidification takes longer. Therefore, this type of sugar is more likely to be used for starter cultures for long-matured salamit etc.
This is really only roughly explained now, and I hope that everything was as correct as I remember it.
Otherwise please correct me !!!!!

Best Greetings Stefan

Nach oben scrollen